What is Mission Nutrition’s Rest & Recover?
Designed to be consumed at night time, Rest & Recover is a premium slow-release bedtime protein blend containing multiple key ingredients to repair muscle damage as a result from training, and to maintain and promote healthy muscle tissue while sleeping.
What’s ingredients are in Mission Nutrition’s Rest & Recover and what do they do?
- Whey Protein Concentrate 80% – High Protein Whey with a minimum of 80% protein content.
- Milk Protein 85% – A slow release protein derived from milk, with a minimum of 85% protein content.
- Glutamine – Improves your protein metabolism and prevents the breakdown of your muscle tissue.
- A Retinol Acetate 325 – Helps to keep your immune system working as it should against infection. Keeps your skin healthy (including unseen skin such as the lining of the nose). Also helps your vision in areas that are not well lit.
- B1 – Maintains your nervous system and also helps your body to digest and release energy from food.
- B2 – Helps keep your skin, eyes and your nervous system healthy. Works with Vitamin B2 to help release energy from within food.
- B3 – Maintains your nervous system and also helps your body to digest and release energy from food.
- B6 – B6 is an amazing vitamin that aids in the formation of haemoglobin, which is present in your blood, and is responsible for holding and transmitting oxygen around your body. It also allows your body use and store the energy from the proteins and carbohydrates present in food.
- Cobalamin (B12) – Helps to produce red blood cells in your body, which are needed to transport oxygen around the body. A deficiency in B12 would have complications including tiredness and feeling fatigued, appetite loss, shortness of breath and headaches amongst others.
- C – Vitamin C is a great protector of your bodily cells. Vitamin C is needed by your body to maintain your body tissues, such as connective tissue that holds your muscles and organs together. Also aids in healing injuries.
- D3 – This is an essential vitamin that will keep your teeth and bones healthy. It is a requirement of your body to absorb the calcium and phosphorus from within our food, both of which are essential for the upkeep of healthy bones. Vitamin D3 is mostly sourced by your body by exposure to direct sunlight so is particularly suitable for people who cover their skin or are indoors for prolonged periods of time. People with darker skin who will take longer exposure to sunlight to absorb enough Vitamin D will also benefit from this. It is also recommended for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, not only to ensure they are getting enough Vitamin D but also to ensure that their baby has enough of this essential vitamin during the early development stages.
- Vitamin E – An antioxidant that protects your cell membranes, maintains your skin and eye health, and boosts your immune system.
- Magnesium Oxide – Essential for the normal functioning of your cells, nerves, muscles, bones, and heart.
- Ferrous Fumarate USP (Iron) – Iron plays a crucial part in your body by combining itself with protein and copper to make hemoglobin, which your body uses to transport oxygen around your bloodstream. It will also reduce your fatigue and promote and maintain your skin.
- Zinc Oxide – Maintains your body cells and improves your brain function.
- Folic Acid – Maintains your heart, aids your circulation and brain function, and keeps your blood cells healthy.
- Potassium Iodide – An electrolyte that is responsible for not only keeping you hydrated, but also regulates your pH balance, nerve and muscle control, and carbohydrate metabolism.
What about nutritionals?
Rest & Recover has the following nutritional values:
|Value||Per 50g Serving||Per 100g|
|Protein (g) (as-is)||40.67||81.3|
|-of which sugars||2.75||5.5|
|-of which starch||0.00||0.0|
|Protein (g) (dry basis)||38.73||77.5|
Who is Rest & Recover suitable for?
If you are looking to increase your protein intake and preserve muscle mass during the night, Rest & Recover is what you need.