Here is my Protein Brownie Recipe! I have to admit that this really is a cheat treat option but oh my, it is yummy!!
1 large baked and peeled sweet potato
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon baking soda
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 scoops Mission Nutrition Chocolate Gold Standard Whey protein powder
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Combine the sweet potato, eggs, vanilla, honey, and oil in a large bowl and In a smaller bowl, combine the baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, protein powder and coconut flour and stir. Stir this into the wet mixture until well combined.
- Line a 8×8 cake tray with parchment paper or liberally coat pan with coconut oil (i used coconut oil). Pour the batter ino the pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Be careful not to over bake!
- Allow the brownies to cool before removing from the pan.
- To make the icing, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a pan on the hob.
- Heat over low heat until melted and stir in the vanilla. Then whip with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Spread over cooled brownies before slicing.
Macro Breakdown (Serves 12)
Total Fat 19.0g
Total Carbohydrates 25.1g